Sunday, October 23, 2011

Piper's First Football Game

This weekend Boise State played Air Force at home. Johnny was able to switch is Saturday shift to the morning so he would be off by 2 in order to go to the football game.



I took the kids down to tailgate in the morning. A good friend of mine Lara and I rode bikes down with the two kids. I'm not exactly sure how far it is but I think it is around 4 miles from our house to the stadium. With two kids, the bike trailer and all the stuff we have to bring along, pulling the kids is like carrying an exact 60 to 70 pounds. It is definitely a workout. The kids had a great time at the tailgate. Pennington watched the big boys play catch with a football and Piper just walked around looking at everything. Both of them enjoyed the food.


Around noon I rode back to our house so the kids would nap for an hour or so. Johnny got home around 2 and we headed down to the game. Another good friend of mine Teresa had an extra ticket and offered it up to me. Of course I was super excited about this but I knew I would have to bring Piper along. Johnny took Pennington into the game and I took Piper. We made it in time for the whole second half. Of course Pennington loved watching the game. He was pretty upset when it ended because he kept asking for more. Piper did great for the 3rd quarter but then about half way through the 4th quarter she had enough. I walked around with her until the game was done. It was really cute at the end of the game because she waved bye to the team. I should also add that she definitely knew to clap for the team.


Below is a picture of Piper in her cheer leading outfit at the tailgate. She is standing inside the bean bag toss hole. She saw Pennington do this so she just had to copy him. I just love this little girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment