Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pennington Speech Assessment

On Monday we finally had Pennington's speech assessed. Six weeks ago he was saying 10 words at the most. Now he attempts to repeat anything you ask him to repeat and is learning to say new words everyday. So as expected he is now at age level when it comes to language. The ladies that met with us on Monday said that if he didn't progress over the next six months that we could call them back but we all agreed that the likelihood of that happening was very slim. I'm glad that I got him assessed because it made me realize how much he really does now. It is so amazing to watch children learn things for the first time. Definitely one of the greatest joys of my life.

One of his favorite things to do right is find objects within the pictures. We call it "I Spy". It is amazing all of the new words he is learning from "I Spy". We have to look at "I Spy" books every night before he goes to bed. It is so cute to hear him say "I don't know" when he can't find something in the picture. It feels really good when the next time you ask him to find an object that he couldn't find the night before that he is able to find it.
I hate posting without pictures so here is a recent picture of Pennington.

No comments:

Post a Comment